Friday, April 11, 2008

What's a girl to do...

with a whole weekend free of scheduled rides, races or events?!

Dan and I have a weekend just such as this starting, well, tonight at 12 am! Truth be told, it'll be nice to just hang around the casa this weekend...last several weeks we have been on the go (actually, racing began the 2nd weekend in January and we've been going strong ever since...a weekend or maybe two off in 4 months...whew)!

Think I'll get a lot of things done that I've been neglecting: wash the kitchen floor (yay), clean the house (yay), maybe watch a movie or just hang out on the couch for a few hours??

Maybe we'll get together with Allison and Justin and do a ride...Vail? Daley? I do know that it's supposed to be H-O-T this weekend, so whatever riding we do has to be done either somewhat early or somewhat late in the day.

I guess the best answer to the question at the top of this post is: whatever I feel like doing when the mood strikes!

Random things: heard a great story on WNYC (via NPR) today...it's a series called Radio Rookies. About a 21 year old NYC girl about to get termed out of foster care because she's almost of age...it was really poignant.

Had our spring sports assembly today. They did a moment of silence for Renay and played a slideshow of her pictures. So, so sad. Made me think of my grandma for some reason. It's coming up to her 1 year anniversary, and that will be a hard day for me.

Random picture of the day:


picture from one of our VQ training rides...Main Divide with the crew

No comments: