Monday, April 21, 2008

I Will Remember You...


A year ago today, I lost my precious grandmother, Ruth Helen Skowyra. She meant so much to me, and life without her is not the same. I was there, holding her hand and wiping her brow, when she died. I looked into her eyes, searching for meaning in life's most inexplicable, yet inevitable moment. It was an experience that haunts me and one that has left an indelible mark on me.

I think about how she enriched my life, and there are so many ways.

She taught me to be proud of my heritage. She taught me to do what is right. She always believed in me and loved me.

The last time I saw her, she was walking down the hallway at the nursing home. I was so proud of the steps she had taken.

Time does heal, but the wounds are still open. I will always honor and cherish your memory.

No comments: