Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We did it!!

On July 3, 2009, Dan & I got married at a beautiful (but tiny...just us and our witnesses) ceremony at Windansea Beach in La Jolla. We wrote our own vows, and I started mine off with Namaste: "I honor the place in you where the entire Universe resides. I honor the place in you of love and light, of truth and peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us."

We followed up the ceremony with a scrumptous dinner at Piatti in La Jolla Shores, a luxurious stay at the Hotel Parisi, and a post-wedding day of walking around LJ, lunch at George's rooftop, and fireworks with the McBride clan. Perfect weather, perfect weekend. We were lucky enough to have our friend Joe do some video of the ceremony and the wonderful Melanie from Mr. and Mrs. Goodnickels to photograph our sorry mugs.

We met over 4 years ago at the Nova NORBA National in Phoenix, AZ through our mutual friend Kim. We just hit it off right away and the rest is history. Love and bikes...what more can a girl ask for?

I'll be posting more photos later, but here are a few to start you off...

Leaving Hotel Parisi for the beach

Poetry in motion...Dan reads his vows

Awww...

No comments: