Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Finished...finally!

Well, guys, the Lochsa DVD editing is done!! Can I get a "woo-hoo"?? Can I get an "Amen"??

It's taken me about 6 weeks and probably well over 100 hours of editing time to get it all done, but you know what? It was a great experience. I learned so much from my mentor, Joe, about the whole process. He was so patient when I texted, called, and/or emailed him multiple times in a row to ask the most mundane/ridiculous questions.

So, the next step is going to be to set up the file and get it ready to record. Sweet!

I was also able to make a shorter movie from the 2006 footage (back when we only had 2 boats) that will come after the 2008 footage on the DVD. It's all pretty good :)

Even though editing can be a pain, there is something about it that's engrossing...and slightly addicting. I'm already thinking of my next project: Whistler, 2008!

No comments: