Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Recently...

2010 is all about trying something new...triathlon (or Xterra, to be more specific). Everything has been a learning experience so far...so much to take in!

New bike...2009 Specialized S-works Era: full suspension XC race bike...light, light, light! 22 lbs of carbon goodness...this bike is tricked out. Thanks to The Path in Tustin for hooking a girl up! Words can't even truly explain how much of a difference this bike has made for me!! I went from a 30 lb all-mountain beast to a full-carbon dream bike that climbs like crazy and descends everything I need it to. Amazing bike.





New run gear....Pulse Endurance Sports tri top (our local shop), Zoot shorts (honestly, not a very flattering fit on me), new Brooks Cascadia trail runners (these buggers have grip!).


Ah, the wetsuit. Up until all this tri business, the last time I swam in ernest was probably two decades ago. Yup...it's been tough, but I love it! We've put in 3 open water (Glorietta Bay at Coronado...yes ocean) swims so far. The first was good, second was terrible, and last night was great. My Xterra Vortex3 wetsuit is amazing...warm and flexible in the water. Best part was that when I needed to switch to a smaller size, I just drove up to Mira Mesa and exchanged it. Love it when companies are local!

4 comments:

Luke said...

keep the posts coming...should shape up to be a great first season for ya! lots to learn...but i'm sure you'll fire through the ranks!!

jameson said...

tackling new challenges is what it's all about. you are going to kill it!

allison said...

So awesome!! Look forward to the journey.

Stephanie said...

Thanks guys...it's been learning, learning, learning all the way, but that's what keeps us fresh :)